Living GreenJR Holland Food Services is committed to helping the environment.
This is how we are meeting that commitment:
- JR Holland has achieved phase 5 of BS8555 Environmental Standard and ISO14001 Environmental Management Standard.
- JR Holland operates a returnable crate system helping to save hundreds of tonnes of cardboard and wooden packaging every year.
- JR Holland currently recycles 80 per cent of its packaging from suppliers.
- Our advanced IT tracking and routing systems ensure that drivers optimise fuel efficiency.
- Advanced driver training ensures maximum fuel efficiency.
- A significant proportion of our produce is collected by us on backhaul, to reduce transportation of empty trucks
Our commitment to minimising the impact on the environment means JR Holland use only returnable plastic crates to deliver our fresh produce. This means we can eliminate hundreds of tonnes of packaging waste.
JR Holland’s plastic crates can be used again and again. That means less waste for JR Holland and less waste for our customers. As a result we’re minimising our environmental impact by:
- Using 250,000 fewer cardboard and wooden boxes every year.
- Saving over 1000 tonnes of cardboard and paper waste a year.