19 Mar Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes
Mother’s Day is a day dedicated to spending time with and appreciating your Mother. Here at JR Holland, we know that starting the day off right means making a beautiful brunch for you to enjoy together. So let your mother have a relaxing morning and plan a delicious brunch for you both to enjoy, you could even invite guests round to indulge in your delights too! Read some of our favourite Mother’s day brunch recipes below…
- 1 bottle of Rosé champagne
- Orange Juice
- Cranberry Juice
- Strawberries to garnish
- Grab 6 champagne glasses
- Add a teaspoon of grenadine to the bottom of each glass
- Fill your glass a quarter full with cranberry juice
- Add orange juice to the halfway point of your glass
- Top with rosé champagne
- Garnish each glass with a whole strawberry and place a strawberry slice into each glass
Scrambled Eggs with Avocado and Salmon Salsa
free rangeeggs, beaten
- 60ml milk
- 30g butter (plus extra for toast)
- 2 thick slices of sourdough bread
- A handful of chopped chives and lime wedges to serve (optional)
Avocado and Salmon Salsa
- Bunch of finely chopped, fresh coriander
- free-range red chilli, finely chopped and deseeded
- 1 ripe and mashed avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cooked and flaked smoked salmon fillet
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and a good pinch of salt and pepper together.
- Gently heat the butter in a large pan. While this melts add your sourdough bread to the toaster.
- Once the butter has melted, add the eggs to the pan, make sure to gently move the eggs as they scramble. Remember, the slower you cook your eggs, the creamier they will be.
- While your eggs are beginning to cook, mix your salsa ingredients into a bowl.
- Once your eggs have just about scrambled take your pan off the heat.
- Butter your toast and top with your scrambled egg and avocado and salmon salsa. Garnish with chives and a lime wedge.
Lemon and Ricotta Pancakes
- 300 all-purpose flour
- 40g granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 350ml whole milk
- 150g full-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 60ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Maple syrup, squirty cream or fresh berries to serve
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; whisk well to combine. In a separate bowl add the eggs and lightly beat them with a whisk. Add in the milk, ricotta, and vanilla and beat until well combined. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, making sure everything is evenly combined. Quickly fold in the lemon juice and zest. Be careful not to over mix the batter!
- Pour a small portion of the batter into a buttered pan or griddle – make sure to only add a few at a time so that they do not blend together. Cook for around 3 minutes before flipping them over, or until small bubbles form on top. Cook on the second side until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Repeat with all pancake batter. Serve pancakes warm, with the recommended topping.
Grilled Asparagus and Poached egg on Toast
- 2 large slices of good sourdough bread
- extra virgin olive oil
- 12 spears of asparagus
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 2 large free-range eggs
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and toast the bread. Move each slice to a plate or board and drizzle with a little oil.
- Snap the woody end off the asparagus, then griddle for a few minutes on each side, sprinkle with the paprika and divide between the pieces of toast.
- While the asparagus is grilling, poach the eggs in the simmering water for 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the eggs and drain, then place them on top of the asparagus.
If you’re stuck on a recipe or would like more information regarding our produce, make sure to contact us today! One of our lovely staff members will be more than happy to help you with any Mother’s Day enquiries.